Week 2 of the NFL Preseason gets going tonight with 2 games. Let’s take a look at what I am looking for in each game.
Bengals vs. Falcons
1. How good can the Falcons offense be this season? With Dirk Koetter’s new offense and the pieces the Falcons have to fit in it, they have a chance to by a top 5 offense in the league. The Bengals defense should give them a nice test tonight.
2. Who is going to complement A.J. Green as the #2 WR in Cincinnati? Whomever it is between Armon Binns, Brandon Tate, Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu, the Bengals offense is in trouble this season if one of them doesn’t step-up.
3. Bengals injuries were big in their 1st game last week and they need to get out of the Georgia Dome healthy.
1. Brandon Weeden must improve from his horrible (3-9, 62 yds, 1 int, 1 fum) performance in his 1st start or he won’t be the starter for long. Look for him to try to throw early and get in a rhythm against the questionable Packer secondary.
2. With Greg Jennings out tonight, look for Randall Cobb to step in and get extra reps. He is going to be a matchup concern for Cleveland and for almost any team the Packers play this year.
3. Packer running backs will be a constant concern this season. Starks and Green are the lead backs, but if the Packers were set with them they would not have signed Cedric Benson. This is a camp battle worth looking at closely.