- This is not your dad’s Notre Dame football team. They don’t play like a BIG10 team, they play like a SEC team. They are fast and strong and they get after it. Brian Kelly has them believing that they are back and if they can get past their tough remaining schedule (Stanford, @Oklahoma, @USC), look for them to be playing a real SEC team in the BCS title game.
- The best thing about a SEC loss for LSU and Georgia is that they still control their own BCS destiny. LSU still has South Carolina, Alabama and MSU, but they get them all in Tiger country. Win out and they are playing in Miami on January 7th. Georgia gets Florida at home this season and will be heavily favored in all their other games.
- The worst thing about an ACC loss for Florida State is that their season as a BCS title contender is over. A 1 loss ACC team is behind a 1 loss SEC, BIG10, PAC12 and BIG12. Win out FSU and blow out Louisville in the Orange Bowl.
- Ohio U. is looking like the BCS buster I thought they were before the season started.
- Are we ready for an 8 win Duke football team? The Blue Devils look like they can get to it. David Cutcliffe has that team playing solid and they are entertaining to watch.
- Can Geno Smith and Tavon Austin finish 1 and 2 in the Heisman race? I think they are on pace to. They give West Virgina an offense that even a SEC defense will have problems slowing down.
- The worst part of Braxton Miller’s and Ohio State’s success for the rest of the nation is that he is still learning Urban Meyer’s system. The Buckeyes are a legit top 10 team and should be undefeated when they get rolled by Oregon in the Rose Bowl.
My Top 5:
2. West Virgina
4. South Carolina
5. Notre Dame